The Basis of Power:
all about electrical circuits
Power from electricity is something we use in hundreds of ways every day. Yet so few
of us know how electricity works, and how to harness it to do what we need it to.
This foundational knowledge is the basis to acquiring so many life-skills that will
give us independence.
This workshop introduces you to the basic close loop, building own circuitry using
the circuit board, Integrated circuits function, types of electronic switches, and how
to use microcontrollers in your circuit. You will get plenty of hands-on practice,
powering-up different items with light and motion!
Don't miss the chance to gain your keys to power, in this foundational
workshop. You will be amazed at how much you will be able to understand
This workshop will teach you multiple methods of food preservation, and how to make and cook deliciuos meals with plant-based meat substitutes, helping you to achieve food security, health and tasty meals!
theory; 4 hours online
10:00am - 12:00pm
- Learn the close loop. Basics of Voltage, Current & Resistance.
- Understand the function of resistor.
- Understand the function of LEDs.
- Learn electronic circuit diagrams.
- Learn the function of capacitor.
- Understand the function of diode.
practical; 8 hours in-person class
1.00 pm - 2.00 pm
2.00 pm - 5.00 pm
- Learn how to solder circuits.
- Building own circuitry using circuit board.
- Fun with power: Light it up!
- Integrated circuits function.
- Types of electronic switches.
- Learn how to use microcontrollers in your circuit.
- Fun with power: Make it move!
SCHOOL OF SKILLS (SOS)
School Of Skills (SOS) is an educational institution that promotes vocational and technical learning.